Sunday, February 17, 2019
Rescheduled from last month due to rain.
Fitness Trainer Terri West will lead this moderate hike through Fryman Canyon, a short, 3.3 mile loop in Studio City. Centrally located, with easy access from Hollywood and Studio City, the Fryman Canyon trail is on a fire road with plenty of spur trails to vista points and benches, and access to the Tree Peoples’ Coldwater Canyon pavilion. While it is an urban trail, it’s not too crowded on the trail.
- We will meet at trailhead by this sign.
- Distance: Just under 3.5 miles.
- Elevation Gain: 463 feet
- Time: An easy 90 minutes.
- Trail Condition: Excellent. Well-maintained fire road for the majority of the trail, with clear signs and landmarks. The use-trails that parallel the fire road are not marked or maintained, but are heavily traveled and easy to spot.
- Bring water, snacks. Wear sunscreen and/or hat.
- Dogs on leash are welcome.
- Rain (within 24 hours of event) cancels.
Directions: From the Valley, head south on Laurel Canyon Blvd. from Studio City. 0.8 miles south of Ventura Blvd., turn right onto Fryman Road. The parking area is immediately visible. From the south, at Laurel Canyon (Crescent Heights) and Sunset in West Hollywood, head north on Laurel Canyon. Take a left onto Fryman Road and park in the lot.
Parking: FREE! There is no charge for to park in the lot.
Price: FREE! There is no charge to attend this event.